Many of our customers ask the question as to whether a boiler service is worth it in terms of the time and effort of arranging an appointment, then being at home at the time the engineer is due to arrive, and obviously the cost involved. But when they tell us they have problems with their boiler losing pressure, or that their energy bills are soaring, our first response is to ask whether they can afford not to?
A Which? ‘boiler reliability’ survey highlighted that of the 7,500 owners questioned, about two thirds of the boilers serviced annually never needed a repair. So, here you’re going to find out why an annual boiler service could be one of your best investments.
The benefits of a regular boiler service
There are several reasons why keeping on top of your boiler maintenance is strongly advised. And, scheduling your boiler service with an expert plumber will be more beneficial than you may realise.
- In a domestic residence, whilst there is no legal requirement to have your boiler serviced, you do still have a duty of care to yourself and your loved ones, to make sure they are safe and sound in your home. Carbon Monoxide can cause serious illness (or worse) if it leaks, and is one of the checks we include within a service. So, we would recommend an annual inspection of all gas appliances and an annual boiler service as a safety precaution even if for no other reason.
- If you rent out your property however, a valid annual Gas Safety Check is legally required to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer, which includes an inspection of all gas appliances and flues.
- Have you noticed your energy bills are soaring? What many people don’t realise is that a boiler service can save money on your energy bills in the long run. During the service, amongst other steps, we check your boiler is running efficiently, to see if your boiler is losing pressure or leaking water, which is something you might not be able to see yourself. It takes an expert eye to trace these issues and they could be the root cause of high energy bills.
- Not only can a boiler service save money on your energy bills though. Regular expert maintenance gives you the peace of mind that your boiler will simply kick in ready for the winter, even after the heating has been off during the warmer months. It could save you a much bigger repair bill by scheduling your annual service before the winter sets in, than if we are called out to get your boiler back up and running in an emergency.
- An annual service will alert the engineer to any faults. Corrosion of the seals and pipes is one thing that you are unlikely to spot yourself. Would you even think to check for it if it seems everything is running fine? Probably not, but we are experienced in looking for such problems, and can pick up on any potential issues which may lead to an emergency boiler repair if not resolved.
- Another reason for an annual boiler service is to keep your boiler warranty valid. It may also assist in any insurance claims if you can provide evidence that you have done all you can to keep your house safely maintained.
- A new boiler could be an unexpected and unwelcome cost, so our final reason for an annual boiler service is that it will keep your boiler running perfectly over a longer period of time. So, what may seem like a short-term inconvenience could turn out to be a major benefit overall.
When is the best time to schedule my boiler service?
Now you’ve seen the benefits of regular maintenance of your boiler, now is the perfect time to get your annual service booked in.
If you have young children, are elderly or have certain medical conditions, central heating and hot water are not just a “nice to have,” they are a necessity. So, to be without either for even a short period can be more than a little inconvenient and uncomfortable.
Leaving it until the colder weather can be risky, as you can almost guarantee hundreds of families will have done the same. Plus, we are likely to be called out to boiler repairs and breakdowns on emergency callouts.
So, we highly recommend scheduling your annual boiler service from spring onwards. You will then stay ahead of the rush every year, confident that you can just flick the switch to heat the house once again through the autumn winter months.
That sounds great, how can I book my boiler service?
Here at A & L Services U.K. Ltd – Heating and Plumbing, we are a family business. We know how busy you are but also how important it is to make tasks such as booking appointments quick and easy. So, that’s exactly how we have made our online booking system.
You can be in control of arranging the date and time of your appointment, so we fit in with your schedule, not the other way around. And we guarantee competitive pricing with honest and friendly advice from all our Gas Safe engineers.
A boiler service should take between 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the findings and any work needed to repair or resolve issues. So for the peace of mind you will gain, we hope you agree, it really isn’t worth putting it off any longer, or avoiding it completely.
Why choose A & L Services U.K. Ltd – Heating and Plumbing for my boiler service?
If you are looking for tradespeople of any kind, you will be advised to seek three quotations, and we are incredibly happy to be one of your three. We are confident that using A & L Services U.K. Ltd – Heating and Plumbing will leave you 100% satisfied in terms of customer service, our high standards of workmanship, great value for money, and the fact that we speak to you in a way you will understand!
We are the experts, so you don’t need to be. In fact, once you have contacted us – either by booking online or calling us – you can leave everything else to our team of highly qualified, trusted, and professional engineers.
If you are in or around the Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Cheshire, Shropshire, and the West Midlands areas, we will be able to take care of your heating and plumbing needs.
From repairing your leaking boiler, getting your heating back up and running, to carrying out your annual boiler service, contact us as we are the local heating and plumbing team to keep you and your loved ones safe and warm at home.